At the northern edge of the Tohono O’odham Indian Reservation complex is the San Xavier del Bac mission. The mission was founded by one of the great leaders of the Catholic Mission program in the New World, Jesuit missionary Eusebio Francisco Kino. The Apache Indians destroyed the original mission in 1770. The present mission was completed in about 1797.
This site is maintained by supporters of the United States Border Patrol and is not an official government site. The contents of this site are privately managed and not subject to the direction of the United States Border Patrol.